We’re attending the March for Science in DC and supporting our local marches on April 22.
We’ve started a bus route to go down to DC for the Science March! We’ll be using the same bus company a lot of used for the Women’s March and here’s where you can sign up:
Access Code for Route: 6492b671c1fURL
You will NOT BE CHARGED for this trip until 48 hours before the bus leaves! Plenty of time to reserve your spot and save !
We need 40 people for the bus route to happen and there are 54 seats. Once the bus reaches the 40 people, the price will be about $95 per person. *As more people join the price for each bus seat goes down.
This will be a down and back day trip. We will make one stop on the way down and one stop on the way back.
– 2-2:30 am – Leaving Fairfield on Saturday, April 22
– 7-8 am – Arrive to DC (depending on how long our one stop takes and traffic)
– Time for breakfast and rallying
– 10 am – Teach in begins at the National Mall
– 12 pm – March around DC begins
– 5 pm – Begin making the way back to the bus parking lot
– 6:30 pm – Depart DC
– 1 am – Arrive back to Fairfield
In Washington DC, the event will kick off at 10 am with a teach-in and rally on the National Mall and end with a march through the streets of DC. Co-hosted with the Earth Day Network, the rally will be a call for politicians to implement science based policies, as well as a public celebration of science and the enormous public service it provides in our democracy, our economy, and in all our daily lives.
We hosted a Planned Parenthood Action Meeting in Bridgeport to protect women’s health.
We attended the Women’s March on Washington!