Save the ACA!
The American Healthcare Act passed the House, but we still have the chance to stop this bill in the U.S. Senate!
Please follow directions below and share with others:
1. If you haven’t done so already, put the contact info for your Senators, House Representative, and State Reps into your phone:
– Senator Chris Murphy
CT Office: 860-549-8463
D.C. Office: 202-224-4041
– Senator Richard Blumenthal
CT Office: 860-258-6940
D.C. Office: 202-224-2823
– U.S. Rep. Rosa DeLauro
CT Office: 203-562-3718
D.C. Office: 202-225-3661
– U.S. Rep. Jim Himes
CT Office: 866-453-0028
D.C. Office: 202-225-5541
CT State Legislature: https://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/menu/cgafindleg.asp
2. CALL your three federal MoCs and thank them for standing up for our healthcare and fighting back against the American Healthcare Act.
3. CALL your CT State Reps and ask them to support SB 586, which would expand mandated health benefits at the state level in case the ACA gets repealed. Senate Bill 586, An Act Expanding Mandated Health Benefits for Women, Children, and Adolescents, received an almost unanimously positive vote in the Insurance and Real Estate Committee, and is now headed to the full Senate for debate.
4. CALL 5 friends/family members in other states who have Republican Senators. Ask them to call their Senators and urge them to vote NO on the AHCA. If they have a House member who voted “yes” to the AHCA, ask them to call their House member and hold her/him accountable. Direct them to the toolkit on the Indivisible Guide website: http://www.indivisibleguide.com/stop-trumpcare/
5. CALL 5 friends/family members in CT and ask them to contact friends and family in other states.
Here’s a list of ALL U.S. Senators.
Do you have friends/family in any of these states?
***Republican Senators up for Reelection 2018***
– Arizona Senator Jeff Flake
Washington, D.C.: 202-224-4521; Phoenix: 602-840-1891; Tucson: 520-575-8633
– Missouri Senator Roger Wicker
Washington, D.C.: 202-224-6253; Tupelo: 662-844-5010; Jackson: 601-965-4644; Hernando: 662-429-1002; Gulfport 228-871-7017
– Nevada Senator Dean Heller
Washington, D.C.: 202-224-6244; Reno: 775-686-5770; Las Vegas: 702-388-6605
– Nebraska Senator Deb Fischer
Washington, D.C.: 202-224-6551; Scottsbluff: 308-630-2329; Kearney: 308-234-2361; Omaha: 402-391-3411
– Tennessee Senator Bob Corker
Washington, D.C.: 202-224-3344; Chattanooga: 423-756-2757
– Texas Senator Ted Cruz
Washington, D.C.: 202-224-5922; Central Texas: 512-916-5834; North Texas: 214-599-8749;
South/Central Texas: 210-340-2885; East Texas: 903-593-5130; South Texas: 956-686-7339
– Utah Senator Orrin Hatch
Washington, D.C.: 202-224-5251; Cedar City: 435-586-8435; Ogden: 801-625-5672; Provo: 801-375-7881; Salt Lake City: 801-524-4380; St. George: 435-634-1795
– Wyoming Senator John Barrasso
Washington, D.C.: 202-224-6441; Casper: 307-261-6413; Cheyenne: 307-772-2451; Riverton: 307-856-6642; Rock Springs: 307-362-5012; Sheridan: 307-672-6456
A) Hi! I’m (insert name here) calling with (insert name of Indivisible Group). On May 4th the House passed a bill that will take away healthcare from over 24 million Americans. This is a life or death situation for millions of people in this country. We need all hands on deck in order to hold the House members who voted yes to this bill accountable, and to stop this dangerous legislation from passing in the Senate. Can we count on your help? Will you be able to make five phone calls to friends and family members in states with Republican legislators and urge them to save the ACA?
B) Hey (insert name of friend) it’s (insert name here). How’s it going? I was wondering if you’ve been following the situation with the American Healthcare Act at all? It just past the House and if it becomes law people will lose their healthcare, thousands of Americans will probably die from this. Anyway, I know you have some Republican Senators/House Members and I was wondering if you’ve had the chance to call them yet? If not, can you call them today? Thank you!
Thank your representatives for working against the ACA repeal. Find their contact information here.
Use social media and tweet away!